Slideshow: Inpatient Hospital
Work on the Wexner Medical Center Inpatient Hospital is progressing with deep foundations being installed along the east edge of the site and basement concrete walls under construction. Excavation for the underground tunnel that will extend from the Inpatient Hospital to 12th Avenue is wrapping up in preparation for concrete pours that will form the tunnel. The Inpatient Hospital is scheduled to open in early 2026.
Additional construction progress highlights include:
- The ground level northeast quad is being prepared for foundations.
- The north elevator and stair core shaft is up to the first floor after a recent wall pour.
- The south elevator and stair core shaft is up to ground level and being formed to go to the first floor.
- Waterproofing work is being done daily.
- Preparations are underway to begin utility work, including water, sanitary sewer, storm sewer and electrical power.
- Construction materials, including steel, piping and electrical components, are being fabricated off-site to minimize the size of the laydown area.
The 1.9 million-square-foot hospital began construction in fall 2020 and is the largest single facilities project undertaken at Ohio State.
View renderings and live construction feeds on the Inpatient Hospital project page.