Slideshow: Outpatient Care West Campus
An exciting milestone in the progress of The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Outpatient Care West Campus was achieved recently when the cyclotron was delivered to the construction site. Located in the Innovation District, the 385,000-square-foot cancer-focused facility, is almost 60% complete and will include central Ohio’s first proton therapy treatment facility in partnership with Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
Additional construction progress highlights include:
- The installation of punched windows was recently completed.
- Exterior wall panels are being installed in preparation to accept brick and window enclosures. Wall panels are 99% complete.
- Brick on the building exterior recently began and will continue through summer.
- Wall partition installation as well as in-wall mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) equipment continue on levels one through four.
- Medical equipment support steel is being added on floors one through three.
- Roofing is being installed on level nine.
- Brick on the elevator tower of the parking garage is ongoing.
View the photo slideshow above to track the project’s progress and watch the delivery of the cyclotron to the construction site. The outpatient care center and garage will open in summer 2023, with the proton center scheduled to open in fall 2023.
View live construction feeds and renderings.