Slideshow: Wexner Medical Center Inpatient Hospital
Construction on the largest single facilities project ever undertaken at Ohio State is approximately 40% complete. The building features large windows in patient rooms providing natural light, and a view of the Olentangy River. Standing at 410-feet tall, when complete, the inpatient hospital will be the 10th tallest building in Columbus.
Construction progress includes:
- Framing for interior walls
- Preparing to install drywall
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing lines being laid out
- Installing sawtooth façade to upper half of building, on north and south sides.
- Installation of stairs and escalator on the first and second floors
- Steel work is nearly complete
The inpatient hospital is on track to open in early 2026. The 1.9 million-square-foot inpatient hospital features up to 820 beds in private-room settings to elevate patient-centered care, safety and training for the next generation of health care providers.