Drivers on SR-315 cannot miss views of an expanding Wexner Medical Center inpatient hospital project. Lower levels have exterior glass in place on the building located just south of Cannon Drive. The size and scale of the project are starting to come into view with structural steel erection substantially complete through level 23 with metal decking.
Additional construction updates include:
- Exterior glazing and curtain wall system installation continues on the west side up to level 10 and the east side up to level five.
- The bridge structure connecting the “Tower” at level two to the Wexner Medical Center garage on level four is complete.
- All 96 air handling units are now in place and distribution ductwork is being assembled.
- HVAC, plumbing, med gas piping, electrical, low voltage and fire suppression rough-in are ongoing.
- The building has been connected to permanent power.
The 1.9 million-square-foot building is the largest single facilities project ever undertaken at Ohio State. Construction began in fall 2020 and is expected to open in early 2026.