15 + High
The new University Square opens the front door of Ohio State and connects to the heart of the University District at 15th+HIGH. Led by Campus Partners, the project realizes a shared vision after decades of planning in conjunction with the City of Columbus and nearby neighborhoods. The project includes a new public square created by realigning 15th Avenue on a direct axis with The Oval.
Four main buildings and a new parking garage will anchor the project site. University Square North, opened in August 2021, and University Square South will be mixed-use with the first retail tenants opening in the Spring 2023. A signature hotel and parking garage are envisioned on the site but a timeline is to be determined. WOSU Public Media’s newly built headquarters located at 14th and Pearl opened in the summer of 2021.
The project transforms Pearl Alley into a vibrant, safe, urban pedestrian alley. By reclaiming bricks and salvaging materials from old buildings, Campus Partners aims to create a home for new dynamic ventures. Architectural elements east of High Street will complement the construction at Ohio State, adding spaces for restaurants, bars and retail stores to the vibrant University District neighborhood.
For more project information, visit Campus Partners.
- WOSU, University Square North and South Buildings DesignSeptember 2017 – December 20182019
- WOSU ConstructionJuly 2019 – July 2021University Square North Building ConstructionJuly 2019 – May 20212020
- University Square South Building ConstructionDecember 2020 – February 20222021
- University Square North Building OpeningMay 2021WOSU Headquarters OpeningJune 20212023
- University Square South Building OpeningMay 2023
Consultants for WOSU
Consultants for Building A&B
Lupton Rausch Architects