The Arts District includes long-term plans to open Ohio State’s front door to the heart of the University District at 15th Avenue and High Street. The project, sited between 15th and 18th avenues, envisions high-quality, modern learning environments for interaction across arts disciplines. Included are new facilities for the School of Music (Timashev Family Music Building) and Department of Theatre, Film, and Media Arts. The $165.3 million project includes both renovation and expansion to the School of Music building and construction of a new Department of Theatre, Film, and Media Arts building. The Timashev Family Music Building is scheduled to be completed by March 2022 with classes and programming available by Autumn 2022. The project also includes work to enhance roadway and pedestrian access. For a closer look at the project, visit the College of Arts and Sciences website.
Learn more about how Ohio State in investing in the spaces and places that empower collaboration by visiting Ohio State Environments.
- BOT Approval for Professional ServicesNovember 20172018
- DesignMay 2018 – July 20192019
- Board Construction ApprovalMay 2019Construction - Timashev Family Music BuildingJune 2019 – January 20222020
- Construction - Department of Theatre, Film and Media ArtsNovember 2020 – December 20222022
- Facility Completed - Timashev Family Music BuildingMarch 2022Facility Open for Classes & Programming - Timashev Family Music BuildingAugust 20222023
- Facility Opening - Department of Theatre, Film and Media ArtsFebruary 2023
AE/Design Architect: DLR Group & Robert A.M. Stern Architects (RAMSA)