The building expansion for the College of Nursing constructed an approximately 35,000 square foot addition that includes flexible classrooms, informal learning spaces and offices. Jane E. Heminger Hall is located on the south side of Newton Hall, serving as a gateway to the university’s health science campus. The $31.7 million project will support The Ohio State University College of Nursing’s vision to be the world’s leader in thinking and achieving the impossible in order to transform health and improve lives. Phase II includes a renovation of Newton Hall includes renovation of 12,300 square feet on the first floor that will include flexible classrooms, informal learning spaces and offices. Phase II is expected to open in June 2023. Learn more or donate.
- BoT Design ApprovalFebruary 2018DesignFebruary 2018 – October 20202019
- BoT Construction ApprovalAugust 20192020
- Construction - HemingerDecember 2020 – May 20222021
- Additional Design Approval - Newton First Floor RenoMay 2021Design - Newton First Floor RenovationJune 2021 – June 20222022
- Construction - Newton First Floor RenovationJuly 2022 – May 2023Facility Opening - HemingerAugust 20222023
- Facility Opening - Newton First Floor RenovationJune 2023