Slideshow: Interdisciplinary Health Sciences Center
Roofing work is 95% complete on the anatomy wing of the Interdisciplinary Health Sciences Center, and brick installation continues through mid-summer. The project, which began in November 2019, includes the renovation of the 120,000-square-foot Hamilton Hall and construction of a new 100,000-square-foot building that, combined, will create a collaborative campus for interprofessional education throughout the Health Sciences. Current construction activities include:
- Interior framing is ongoing on floors one to three.
- Mechanical systems, electrical conduit, and plumbing piping are being installed on the lower floors.
- The air handling units recently were set in the penthouse of the new Anatomy wing.
- Underground site utility work is ongoing.
Beginning June 2021 and continuing through September 2021, portions of Starling Loving and Fry bridge will be demolished to allow for the new 100,000-square-foot building along 10th Ave.
The Interdisciplinary Health Sciences Center facility opening dates are scheduled for three phases:
- Anatomy Wing Phase – January 2022
- Classroom Wing Phase – June 2023
- Hamilton Renovation Phase – January 2024
View the photo slideshow above to the right to track the project’s progress or view live construction feeds.