Slideshow: Interdisciplinary Health Sciences Center
The Interdisciplinary Health Sciences Center is 30% complete - with the phase I anatomy wing scheduled to open in January 2022 and two additional phases also progressing. The project, on Neil and West 10th avenues, includes a 120,000-square-foot renovation of Hamilton Hall and construction of a new 100,000-square-foot building, while also demolishing portions of Starling Loving and Fry Bridge. The facility will benefit health sciences colleges, including medicine, dentistry, nursing, optometry, pharmacy, public health and veterinary medicine, while strengthening the interdisciplinary curriculum of Ohio State.
Construction progress includes:
- Painting, ceramic tile, and ceiling tile installation is ongoing throughout the anatomy wing.
- Elevator installation. Two elevators are located in the anatomy wing.
- Foundation, excavation and concrete work have started on the classroom wing for the elevator pit and stairs.
- Starling Loving and the Fry connector were demolished in August.
- Mechanical equipment startup and technology installation are soon to come.
View the photo slideshow above to track the project’s progress. Following the opening of the anatomy wing in January 2022, the classroom wing will open in June 2023 with the Hamilton renovation to be completed in January 2024.