Slideshow: Arts District
Hanging and painting drywall, pouring terrazzo floors, and finishing exterior curtain walls are among the construction tasks being completed this month at the Timashev Family Music Building. Part of the larger Arts District project, the Timashev Family Music Building is scheduled to be completed by March 2022 with classes and programming available by Autumn 2022. Crews are close to putting the finishing touches on the School of Music’s new home.
Next door, work continues on the Department of Theatre, Film, and Media Arts. The $165.1 million Arts District is sited between 15th and 18th avenues, and envisions high-quality, modern learning environments for interaction across arts disciplines. Recent or upcoming construction activities include:
Timashev Family Music Building
- Sidewalks were poured in September and October.
- Final curtainwall work near the recital hall will be installed in mid-November.
- Crews are pouring terrazzo floors in the first-floor lobby.
- Finishing work is ongoing, including hanging and painting drywall and installing acoustic paneling throughout the building.
- Restrooms are receiving finishes this month.
Department of Theatre, Film, and Media Arts
- Steel is receiving finishing spray fire proofing.
- A recent slab pour of the Thrust Theatre is complete.
- Prefabricated exterior skin panels are being hung.
While the Timashev Family Music Building is scheduled to open in March 2022, the Department of Theatre, Film, and Media Arts will open in February 2023. View the slideshow to track progress on both buildings.