New drone images and site photos highlight the transformation of The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Outpatient Care Dublin site, located just south of State Route 33. The project is 75% complete and on schedule to open September 2022. The new facility will include ambulatory surgery, endoscopy, primary care, specialty medical and surgical clinics and related support spaces.
Precast panel installation work was recently completed on the ambulatory surgery center (ASC). Heating has been turned on inside the medical office building (MOB) just in time for the cold temperatures.
Construction highlights and progress include:
- Nearly 1,000 trees were planted on site.
- Window installation is 50% complete on the MOB. When the facility opens, there will be more than 400 windows total throughout the MOB and ASC.
- Major mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) equipment has been delivered and installed.
- Painting and ceiling grid installation continues within the MOB. This includes wiring for devices like sprinkler heads and lights.
- Framing and MEP rough-in is being finalized within the ASC. Drywall is beginning on the second and third floor.
- The asphalt base was installed in the south and west parking lots as well as south drive lanes. Construction of sidewalks continue at the west lots and loading dock ramps.
Construction on the 272,000 square feet project began summer 2020 and is part of a suburban outpatient care program that supports growth in the region and excellence in academic health care.
View the photo slideshow above to track the project’s progress. Read more about Outpatient Care Dublin.