Slideshow: Arts District
Construction crews are putting the finishing touches on the Timashev Family Music Building. The building is scheduled to be completed by the end of the month with classes and programming available by Autumn 2022. Next door, work continues on the Department of Theatre, Film, and Media Arts which is approximately 40% complete. The $165.3 million Arts District is sited between 15th and 18th avenues, and envisions high-quality, modern learning environments for interaction across arts disciplines. Recent or upcoming construction activities include:
Timashev Family Music Building
- Wood floors are being installed this week in the music ensemble room.
- Woodwork and finishes will wrap up by late March inside the music recital hall.
- Finishing work, and cleaning, will continue to take place throughout the building.
Department of Theatre, Film, and Media Arts
- Exterior skin work is expected to wrap up by the end of April. That aligns with the target for “dry in,” or having the exterior of the building air tight, and includes exterior studs, sheathing and window installation.
- Crews are installing the roof with the goal to be completed by late April.
- Inside, framing continues throughout the building as the project team works its way from the top floors down.
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing installation work is ongoing.
The Department of Theatre, Film, and Media Arts will open in February 2023. View the slideshow to track progress on both buildings.