Slideshow: Interdisciplinary Research Facility
Construction on the Interdisciplinary Research Facility, located inside Ohio State’s Innovation District, is 66% complete. FOD crews are laying exterior brick, installing elevators, flooring and hanging drywall in the 305,000 square foot facility. Crews are also working on electric connections on all five floors. When finished, the facility will offer multiple research disciplines working together, including biomedical, life sciences, engineering and environmental sciences and more.
Construction progress includes:
- Penthouse metal siding is almost complete
- Masonry brick on the south and final side is 33%
- Drywall painting prime and first coat on all of second floor
- Acoustical ceiling grid installed on half of second floor
- Vivarium drywall ceilings are 33% hung
View the photo slideshow above to track the project’s progress. The Interdisciplinary Research Facility is scheduled to open in June 2023.