Slideshow: Interdisciplinary Research Facility
Set in stone has a new meaning as crews complete concrete pours on the new Interdisciplinary Research Facility. Located within the Innovation District, progress is hard to miss for anyone traveling on SR-315 or Kenny Road. Construction updates on the five-story, 305,000 square foot building include:
- Site utilities are nearing completion after beginning installation in March.
- The concrete building frame is almost complete. The last concrete pour for the fifth floor took place in early June, and the penthouse concrete pours are scheduled to wrap up by the end of June.
- Exterior cold formed metal framing on the first floor was completed in mid-June
- Structural steel for the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) penthouse is scheduled to start mid-July.
- Site hardscape, including retaining walls, loading dock and entry drive, will begin in July.
Long-term, the team is planning to have the building dried in December to facilitate the interior fit out of the building. Dry in is the process of making the building watertight by completing the critical components of the building’s envelope.
The Interdisciplinary Research Facility will open in June 2023 and serve multiple research disciplines. Two floors will be dedicated to The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center, including The Pelotonia Institute for Immuno-Oncology.