Slideshow: Interdisciplinary Research Facility
Progress continues on the Interdisciplinary Research Facility located in the heart of the new Innovation District on West Campus. The 305,000 square foot facility will serve multiple research disciplines working together, including biomedical, life sciences, engineering and environmental sciences, among others. In addition, two floors will be dedicated to The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center including its new Pelotonia Institute for Immuno-Oncology.
Construction updates include:
- Masonry brick installation on the west facade started on October 13.
- West punched window installation is complete.
- The penthouse roof, which contains multiple air handling units and HVAC equipment, is 75% complete.
- Permanent stairs are installed and concrete treads have been poured on northwest and southwest stairs.
- The glass curtainwall is being installed around the facility’s southwest staircase.
- The loading dock construction buck hoist elevator is installed and in operation and the dock concrete placement is more than 50% complete.
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) prefabricated racks installation is taking place on all floors.
The project team is closing in on completion of the North Elevation punched windows, scheduled for early November. View the photo slideshow above to track the project’s progress.
The Interdisciplinary Research Facility is scheduled to open in June 2023 and will support both wet lab researchers and computational researchers. Each of the five floors of the building will be designed to facilitate collaboration. The project will also include an exterior plaza for event and collaboration space.