Slideshow: Jane E. Heminger Hall and the Renovation of Newton Hall
Jane E. Heminger Hall, Ohio State’s first WELL-certified building, is almost 70% complete and scheduled to open in August 2022. The first-floor renovation of Newton Hall will open the following summer. The facility is located at the corner of Neil and 9th Avenues and, when complete, will serve as a gateway to the university’s health science campus.
Construction progress updates include:
- Inside Heminger Hall, the atrium curtainwall glass was completed and the atrium topping slab was recently poured.
- Restroom plumbing is ongoing, and drywall is going up on levels two and three.
- Interior framing on the first floor is currently underway and window work will start within the next two weeks.
- Radiant flooring inside the atrium has been installed.
- The facility was recently switched from temporary to permanent power.
- In the coming weeks, the atrium ceiling will be completed.
- The east side of the Newton Hall exterior was recently demoed to make way for a new façade.
View the photo slideshow above to track the project’s progress. The $30.7 million project will support The Ohio State University College of Nursing’s vision to be the world’s leader in thinking and achieving the impossible in order to transform health and improve lives. For additional details or to donate to the project, visit the College of Nursing website.